Sunday, August 30, 2009

unconditional.

"As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you." - John 15:9

Do you ever have those random moments throughout a day, or maybe just one moment that only happens once every few months, when you realize just how amazingly lucky you are? And you think to yourself that you probably, or definitely, don't deserve one bit of the love shown towards you. How can someone be so selfless that they can love you unconditionally, despite every flaw or wrongdoing of yours?

On my really tired days, I sleep in and forget to go to church.
I don't pray before every meal.
I'm actually quite selfish.
I don't thank Him for half the things that make me smile.
I'm not the nicest person in the world.
There are days when I don't want to forgive.
I take almost every day for granted.

I don't deserve a lot. I haven't done any great acts of kindness for those around me and I let my laziness keep me from potentially being a better Christian. And yet, I find myself the recipient of this unconditional love. So much love, in fact, there are times when I don't know what to do with myself.

No comments: