Friday, January 01, 2010

Typical New Year's Rambles.

I think it's very nice to note that yesterday was the first New Year's Eve (maybe ever) in which I had no real regrets looking back. It was the first year in which I didn't have to look back and feel unaccomplished in some way.

Instead I can look back and see that I've found my group of friends who I can rely on for anything, in moments of laughter or tears. Some who have been there for the last 13 years, others for the last 7 months. I hiked mountains for the first time, but certainly not the last. I graduated from high school and finished my first semester of college. I somehow fell in love with my summer job and finally learned to feel comfortable in my own shoes. I spent 6 rather rough days in the Grand Canyon, yet managed to enjoy it enough to want to go back next summer. I fell for this pretty cool kid I like to brag about. When it comes to family... there is not a single bit of doubt in my mind that we love each other and will always be there for one another. What more can I ask for? When it comes to God, He's given me far more than I deserve and is my constant backbone. Even in the moments when I sadly forget that He's there.

I had plans to see the world this past year, or at least Europe. Clearly that didn't follow through. My life isn't very exciting or all that interesting to anyone else. But in the end, I suppose it doesn't really matter.

Above all else, I am happy.

PS. I shall refrain from any New Year's Resolutions because it would be the exact same list as last year's. Exactly. I still have some work left..

No comments: