Saturday, January 23, 2010

Remember...

...when the tips of my hair barely touched the bottom of my ears?
...when I would listen to the RENT soundtrack nearly every day and somehow manage to quote a song in a blog entry?
...when chick flicks made me a hopeless romantic and I constantly hoped it would be me one day?
...when my favorite toy was my little Canon Powershot?
...when I was actually decent when it came to volleyball?
...when I would blog practically every day, sometime multiple times?
...when I still wore glasses and had braces?
...when I knit??
...when we always walked to Walgreens to buy food and just pig out?
...when we would take naps after school and nothing else?
...when the park always one of our most popular places to hang out?

I am being nostalgic when I really should be sleeping. (I blame you, Athena.) Looking back, I remembered some of the happiest, most wonderful times in my youth. It makes me want to jump on the bandwagon and gather up all of my old pictures that made me so very happy and put them together in one place.

But the thing is.. I am also in love with my present life.
While I may look back and find a lot of good times in the past, I don't think I would want to go back. I love my now. Everything and everyone in my now. I am a fortunate person, living a very wonderful life.

I am happy.
& life is good.

Life is hard, but life is good.

(I do not care if you get sick of hearing this because you will continue to hear it from me a lot. I think it became my motto in life at one point..)

No comments: