Thursday, January 31, 2013

Consider the following:

Monday: 2
Tuesday: 2
Wednesday: 4.5
Thursday: 0
Friday: Not yet applicable

The numbers above indicate..
(a) The number of girl scouts I've chased down for cookies
(b) My hours of studying each day
(c) My hours of sleep I was going on that day
(d) My total cups of coffee each day

There's actually a high correlation between the amount of sleep I have gotten each day and how many cups of coffee I've had on a given day.  But, of course, correlation does not imply causality. This would, in fact, go against any hypothesis I would form, since I would expect the number of cups of coffee I consume to have a negative relation with the amount of sleep I've been getting. (This post, in fact, is quickly become the lamest post I've ever written ever and has a high probability of being removed after the shame and embarrassment I'm sure to feel after rereading this a week from now.)

But in all seriousness, all I can think about is going to bed by 9:30 on Friday night while I currently avoid the many, many hours of studying that lay before me.  Okay, I'm way behind schedule, so I'll end with my highs from the last two days:

1. Took my first steps in finding an adviser for a special studies opportunity.
2. Officially applied to my first post college job as of 12:23 PM.

Answer: c

No comments: