Monday, December 31, 2012

Les petites choses


So I'm finally at the last of my Europe Series, which I just realized will focus on the later half of my trip in France. The more I think about the fact that I even made a European series, the more lame I realize that I am. But I had fun reminiscing about my time here. Anyway, here we go..

What I loved most about Europe was all of the little details that I would never have the opportunity to experience in my little city of Cypress. There was a something incredibly nice about being able to take a ten minute walk to the train station and hopping on the RER C to central Paris or seeing all of the amazing buildings in pinks and oranges in the back streets of Lyon. The majority of the time, I'd fall behind from my group as I tried to capture something that caught my eye, like the giant Charlie Chaplin painted on the side of the small theatre in Sainte Genevieve du Bois or the handmade clay necklaces on the side of the street in Cognac.








It was the little details that made this trip so wonderful. It was the little things that the locals have the opportunity to experience every day that I didn't want to take for granted, that I wanted to soak in and never forget. Europe was an unforgettable place with some of the most kind, generous people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. If any reader out there decides to go, I highly encourage you to couch surf and try to stay with locals there. That's how you get the chance to taste the best food, see places that the guidebooks don't mention, and really get the chance to experience what it'd be like to live there.


I came back from Europe with over 1500 pictures to sort through, and these 50 were just some of my favorites. They're the ones that can put a smile back on my face when I'm having a rough day. I hope someone out there enjoys them too.

No comments: