Monday, October 22, 2012

First Stop.



We arrived to a very sunny, hot, and humid London, which was unexpected to say the least. And immediately my infatuation with the double decker buses, Union Jack flags, and British accents quickly turned to true love. Aimlessly walking around with no destination could not have been more amazing. As well as the culture and clothing, what stood out to me here was the architecture unlike any found in the United States. I fell in love with the brick buildings with white trim and colored doors. The tight spaces and ornate designs. I often found myself look up with my jaw hanging open, trying to take in as much as possible in the limited number of days there. 

While public transportation was a challenge at first, we quickly embraced it and made our way through the city fairly easily. I'd say we were able to squeeze in a lot of fun touristy things to do in the city in our three days. If I ever go back, I might just go back to St. James' Park with a good book and just sit in read with the rest of the locals. 







No comments: