Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thoughts from Sunday

.. that I never got around to posting.

I think from all the people I've met in my life, it's a good 50/50 when it comes to their opinions on rain. I know it's has gloomy colors and ruins your suede shoes and people are significantly more dangerous on the roads. But past all of that, there's just this magic behind rain.

When you're walking in the rain and you're freezing.. The shoes you are wearing are now soaked to the soles and your messy hair is everywhere, and make up is nonexistent. And you finally get out of it feeling damp, like a mess of vulnerability. Yet when you find someone who still cares for you behind this mess that stands before them and still pull you in for a hug, it's just amazing.

Plus the following add to its awesomeness:
walking through puddles in rain boots
practically no lines at Disneyland
the sound of raindrops on the rooftop of your car
snuggling up with hot cocoa
snogging in the rain. (haha just kidding.. maybe. The Notebook!)



Today was probably the most amazing weather Southern California has had in a while. The morning was so very crisp and the San Bernadino Mountains looked amazing. But I am very much excited for a rainy season ahead.

1 comment:

Lash Chronicles said...

Make that 49/51. I love the rain. Everything about it makes me smile. I could walk in the rain for hours and feel the cleansing drops soak me through to my soul. And, when its hard enough, the curtain it creates transports you to a different world full of shadows and illusions. Just thought I'd cast my vote for the rain likers.