Saturday, October 17, 2009

Irrational Thinking.

I think I've come to realize that I don't often listen to reason as much as I probably should. You know when you're making a decision and everyone else in the world seems to be telling you to not do it, but you don't care and you just do it anyway? That's me. I don't listen to the voice of reason, whoever's voice it may be.

A lot of times as a kid, I would always brush aside some sort of wisdom shared with me by some older adult and simply do whatever it was that I wanted to do. Mostly because I was a stubborn little brat who didn't know how to take good advice when it came to her. Also because of the fact that I always wanted to go with what my gut said, just because it felt good to listen to it. And if my choice was the wrong choice in the end, I had to simply face the consequences and make the best of what I had.

I'm still like that today.

I think... even though there are a lot of amazing friends out there who give good advice when it comes to the rational reasoning in another person's life, when it comes to their own, they won't be so rational. I think a lot of us have this sense of being irrational within themselves. Don't hate me for saying this, but I think another word for it is hope. This irrationality that sometimes dwells within us is the hope that in the end, against all odds and what the rest of the world may foresee, maybe something can go our way. And if that's the case, I don't think I mind being irrational sometimes.

No comments: